Curation Tools Reflection

   After reading step 6 of my PLN about Using Curation tools, I found that I really liked how they organized the piece around the center of curation tools are used to narrow your topic and put everything together on one subject. They are a tool for you to use when you want to learn about a specific thing through many different sources. They allow for you to bring all those ideas together as a easy way to organize them.
   I also found it kind of funny how I have always used these, but never really thought about them actually having a name or category beyond the app.  I often use Pinterest and have whole boards full of pins dedicated to one topic such as "hair ideas". It definitely allows for me to put a bunch of different ideas together so I can pick and choose pieces I like and want to use.
   I enjoyed the fact that they referred it back to how teachers can use it as a way to keep fresh information going within the classroom, as I think it is extremely important for a teacher to always being updating their content or introducing new ideas and activities within their classroom. In this way, these tools become an extremely important part of ones PLN as it can connect people and share ideas on certain topics between them.  This will benefit not only the teacher, but also the student.
   Ultimately, with our world becoming more and more technology based, I believe it is good that new technologies are being created to replace handwritten lists or time consuming research for those whose lives center around technology.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Classroom 2.0 reflection!

Blog Post Reaction

Maker experience reflection on possible ideas