Video and Maker Activites Reflection

    The video was pretty cool in that it was interesting to see how math can be used in a non-traditional way and in ways that aren't normally thought about. I never really thought of the many different ways math could be used to include all different kinds of learners. It was also interesting to see how these techniques can be utilized across cultures.
     So today in class, we played with different maker activities and it was actually really cool. My group chose to explore Tiny Bites, Virtual Reality, and Google Cardboard. At the Tiny Bites station we were able to (Using their webpage as a guide) make both a radio and timer work. I thought it was really cool how simple it was to get these things functioning with such little amount of tools and connections. I could see this being used and effective when teaching about electricity to a class.
    The next station we explored was Virtual Reality in which we utilized both the ocean and mountain view. That experience was COOL. It was crazy how it appeared that these animals were right there in real life and you felt like you were actually in the ocean.That was definitely a crazy experience.
    The last station we explored was Google Cardboard. This station I found to be interesting because just using your phone and what seemed like plain old cardboard you could be transported to another world. I got to see a wolf like it was right next to me! It was just astonishing the simplicity of the tools and how they made for such a complex experience.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Classroom 2.0 reflection!

Blog Post Reaction

Maker experience reflection on possible ideas